Tagged by the 'hoThe fabulous Joy tagged me for this meme, and since it has been a while (ahem!) since my last post, I'll do what I can to bore you silly with meaningless details from my life.
Four Jobs I've Held:
* Strawberry picker. What can I say? I was twelve years old. My knees still hurt.
* Checker at Food 4 Less. I was in college, trying to make a little extra money. I lasted all of 2 weeks. When I quit, the manager said: "But you were our fastest checker! We were going to give you a raise!" I didn't walk out; I ran. I still have a horror of large, overly bright grocery stores.
* Research assistant. Post-college, the follow-up to my senior thesis. Think lab coats and pipettes and cute pre-meds running around. Why did I leave that one? I'm still wondering.
* Restaurant manager. Have I mentioned that I recently gave this up? I'm still taking care of the wine list, and my feet still hurt.
Four Films I Could Watch Over and Over:
* Breakfast At Tiffany's. Here's to the joy of doing something you've never done before!
* Much Ado About Nothing. Sigh no more, ladies. Sigh no more.
* Shawshank Redemption. That Morgan Freeman: he's good people.
* Fargo. The accents, the plot, the wood chipper. Ya know what I mean, then?
Four Places I Have Lived:
I'm afraid I haven't lived anywhere terribly exotic. Like now. Is this a pattern? Am I stuck? Why did my therapist have to go on vacation?
Four TV Series I Like:
I watch so little TV that I honestly couldn't think of four. So here are three:
* Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I cry my head off during every single show. It's my way of expressing the emotion that I too often keep bottled up inside. Those sick/bereft/courageous people need help! Look, Ty is coming to the rescue! He's so handsome! Ooh, he made that little girl a princess room! Her bed has a crown on top! *Sob*
* Grey's Anatomy. Once upon a time, I was going to be a doctor. Now, for one hour a week, I pretend that I'm dressed in scrubs and leaning over a operating table next to Patrick Dempsey. That's almost the same, isn't it?
* The Amazing Race. Joy and I have this one in common. The show last season didn't do much for me, mainly because they didn't choose my sisters and I to be one of the teams, plus the challenges were h-o-k-e-y. But one of my friends is in the upcoming season! Go, Tyler!
Four Places I’ve Been on Vacation:
* Paris. What can be said about Paris that has not been said already?
* The Burgundy region of France, in which I ate the most wonderful food of my life.
* Rome. The Sistine Chapel made me cry. We had maybe the best guide ever, and she brought the whole place to life with her stories.
* The Sonoma Mission Inn, just last week, which is all of 27 minutes from my home. I couldn't pull myself out of the bathwater-warm Watsu pool. There's music under the water! Music! Under! The water!
Four Foods I Love:
* Roasted Chicken, hot and crackly from the oven, preferably ripped apart with my bare hands and devoured while standing up.
* A huge scoop of 2% Greek yogurt drizzled with wild honey and toasted pine nuts.
* Tomatoes picked off of the vine and eaten while standing by the plant, salt shaker in hand.
* Michael Rechutti's Rose Caramels. Oh! I want one right NOW.
Four isn't nearly enough.
Four Websites I Visit Daily
* The New York Times. I'm not a fan of their premium content model, but they have a roster of damn good writers.
* Salon.com Even though I don't like the new design, I love their gutsy-ness.
* Maud Newton. 'Cause the only thing better than reading a book is reading about books.
* French Word-A-Day. If I'm going to live there some day, I'm going to have to be able to speak the language!
Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now:
* In Paris
* At the ballet
* With my sweetheart
* In a beautiful dress